dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Saving back to HTML file

Hybrid View

Question Saving back to HTML file

TiddlyWiki is pure HTML and JavaScript 1 page wiki, but it allows the user to save content back to the HTML file. Does anyone know how this is achieved?

http://www.tiddlywiki.com

I haven't had time to look at the code (there appears to be a lot), so I'm hoping someone here knows the answer and saves me hours of code review. My guess is it is creating a client side cache; i.e. data in a cookie, etc... but I'm hoping its actually modifying the HTML, but I'm guessing this isn't feasible as JavaScript is client side (excluding serverside JS stuff like node).

Any help would be welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by cbruiners View Post
    TiddlyWiki is pure HTML and JavaScript 1 page wiki, but it allows the user to save content back to the HTML file. Does anyone know how this is achieved?

http://www.tiddlywiki.com

I haven't had time to look at the code (there appears to be a lot), so I'm hoping someone here knows the answer and saves me hours of code review. My guess is it is creating a client side cache; i.e. data in a cookie, etc... but I'm hoping its actually modifying the HTML, but I'm guessing this isn't feasible as JavaScript is client side (excluding serverside JS stuff like node).

Any help would be welcomed.
    If you would read the info, all it does is generate the code. The whole thing about not needing server-side logic is because the files will be intended to be able to work locally. No server needed.

Thread Information