www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: onMouseover help

Hybrid View

onMouseover help

Ok so on my website I have a bunch of pages that shows members. I want it so taht when you hover over the link to a members page it shows their photo. I also have a menubar to go to each members page and I want a photo to show up when u hover over it on the menubar as well

Keep in mind I want it to fade in (on an automatic load with the page so taht it dosnt load slowly)
    and as soon as you move your mouse off the link I want it to fade out.

Also I am using DreamWeaver CS5 if that is of any importance.... also I dont want to use a Roll over image... (thats not what I want)

If anyone knows the code on how to do this or anything really please send!
    All help is appreashiated

To do what your looking for will require javascrpit, CSS would only be part of the solution. I am guessing that your not a programmer so it maybe best to try and find a script or tutorial you can modify to work. It would be ton of work for anyone to post all the code you need here and provide adequate documentation

I have porgrammed things in javascript its just I wouldn't know where to start with this lol and i need it done fast so if I was to search for it, well I have and Nothing really comes up cause I dont know what this would tech. be called...

Try looking for CSS, hover selectables with opacity attribute... this may trigger transparency without any coding from javascript, but if you want to make it more graphically interactive, you may use flash or GIF-image that can consume a few Kbytes and quite reasonable to load on your page.

I have actually done many things like that, right now I jsut want to make it look nice... because when i did it that way they looked sloopy and its just not my style.... So I want it to just be simple so im still looking on google and stuff to see if anyone has done something liek it, this way if they have done something I can just copy the CSS & Element codes lol

Thread Information