www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Dynamic inclusion of CSS from localStorage

Threaded View

Dynamic inclusion of CSS from localStorage

Hi

I have the text for 1..n style sheets stored in localStorage, each with their own key (i.e. each stored individually as an item in localStorage).

I'm trying to figure out how I can add (any of) these style sheets to my page, with localStorage being the source.

I understand how to dynamically add a <link> or <style> to the <head>. What I don't understand is how to populate the added <link> or <style> with content from localStorage.

In the <link>, I've tried href="javascript:myFunctionToProvideText();". No joy.

In the <style>, I've tried styleElement.innerText/innerHTML = myCSSTextFromLocalStorage. No joy.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

>>>Addendum>>>
    This project is only developing to the most recent browsers, with decent HTML5 and CSS3 support.

>>>Addendum>>>
    I have managed to dynamically add to the page my styles from localStorage by wrapping the text in a <style> tag then appending the resulting text to the innerHTML of the body. It works in all 5 of the latest browsers. However, that's a bit hacky imo. If anyone knows how to get these styles into the <head>, I'm still interested in an answer to my original query. Cheers.
    Last edited by JimmyJimmy; 04-07-2012 at 05:57 PM.

Thread Information