Hello, my name is Nathan Wall, and I have recently released a JavaScript library which I call joi .

I know, anther JavaScript library, right... like the world needs one of those. But my purpose in creating it wasn't to replace jQuery or Prototype or MooTools or Dojo. In fact, when I started writing it most of those libraries either didn't exist or were just starting out themselves.

I've been slowly working on and adding to this library for the past 5-7 years, and I've used it in a lot of my personal projects. I've always wanted to release it so that others could use it, and I think it has a lot to offer to JavaScript developers, so I finally sat down and created a site to give people a place to download it and teach them how to use it.

It's object oriented (much more so than jQuery) and features a full DOM replacement, prototype-based inheritance (with improved syntax), and includes support for AJAX, effects, and widgets. It integrates well with existing scripts, and is nearly fully encapsulated (leaves almost no trace on native/DOM objects).

If anyone would like to take a look at it and see if it's something you might be interested in using, that'd be great.

There's no license. I've release it to the public domain, which means there are no copyrights on it and you're free to use it, even in commercial products, however you'd like.

I'm looking forward to hearing what you think.

http://joijs.com/

Nathan