www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: issues with bottom fixed div

issues with bottom fixed div

http://guildparanormal.com/policies.html

if you look it stays at the bottom, but i cant seem to get it to give it a top padding or something, cause it cuts off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just scroll to the bototm of the page, you will see what I mean

looks to me like you need margin spacing on the bottom of your content area div. think of your footer div as a photoshop layer thats fixed to the bottom of the page and always on top of whatever is under it. basically add padding to the "layer" underneath

i hope that makes sense, nice page

ok so basicallly i always have a top margin on ths content one, which is the main center of the page, how do i go about ading a top and bottom on something that has a relative position

the way you have written your code, #bottomscroll will always be fixed to the bottom of the webpage and on top of your content area.

what you can do is give your div .rounded a bottom-margin of 55px and that will give it some spacing so your #bottomscroll div is not sitting on top of your content area blocking text

so where you have this:

Code:
    .rounded {
    	background-color: black;
    	text-align: left;
    	margin-bottom: 5px;
    change the 5 to a 55

i hope that helps, cheers

yeah that wont work, it will have the content ID, because me editing that will edit that css used all over the site and it would be incorrect to do it like that

Thread Information