dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top Free Content Management Systems..

I think WordPress is website suicide! Not to be rude, but it is one of the worst CMS's I can think of! You are much better of with Drupal!

I think wordpress only offering free services. Does the others also doing the same?

Yeah Hand coding has always been the best way. I can't stand when people come out of college using WYSIWYG editors and get the jobs while people who can hand code are looked over because it takes longer and we may not know how to use the design features in something like Dreamweaver. I guarantee though that our code is more sustainable and we know more about whats going on with the website than those who just drag and drop.

I'll never go back to hand coding, but those skills allow me tweek WP and understand what goes on behind the scenes. You can't fight progress.

When I was "in school", I learned to program in assembly -among other languages you never heard of - now who does that anymore?? I took a refresher course in Java awhile back and the instructor didn't know assembly.

Joomla - more difficult. And very few free theme choices. I vote for WP.

Quote Originally Posted by ixora View Post
    I'll never go back to hand coding, but those skills allow me tweek WP and understand what goes on behind the scenes. You can't fight progress.
    How do you build responsive layouts without hand coding?

I have carefully read all your posts. And now need your help to choose. I am designer and i am learning web-developing. I want make wide range of sites for commercial purpose- site for company or e-shop. What is better for this-Drupal, Joomla or WP?
    Thank you,
    Olga

Quote Originally Posted by olga_maraeva View Post
    I have carefully read all your posts. And now need your help to choose. I am designer and i am learning web-developing. I want make wide range of sites for commercial purpose- site for company or e-shop. What is better for this-Drupal, Joomla or WP?
    Thank you,
    Olga
    To be honest, download Drupal and Joomla and see what one you like best. If neither are working for you, try WP, but it will take more effort to get it where you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by spufi View Post
    To be honest, download Drupal and Joomla and see what one you like best. If neither are working for you, try WP, but it will take more effort to get it where you want to.
    Spufi,thank you for solving my problem!

I think Blogger is CMS. Look at this blog. It was created by the Blogger. But it is not just a blog it is a search and information system for Blogger users. In the near future it is planned to launch special tools.

Thread Information