www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Can a website be created in graphics program only

Can a website be created in graphics program only

Hi, Im useless at programming, code, the technical side, so Im wondering if its possible to be able to create a site just in graphics, or with a graphics program like Gimp and of course photoshop, if I could afford the software.
    Or do I have to know indepth html and programming.
    Cause it seems like with the graphics programm I am learning, I can place text, images anywhere after Ive created them.

If you could, it would likely produce overblown code with excessive use of images. Learning HTML and CSS really isn't that difficult.

That will be a lot of work and very confusing too.

Thanks, Ive created a front page in graphics, dont know if it will work

Hi, thanks, but it does seem that the graphics program can create all buttons, logos etc, create images, and then can still pace them easily into place, but Ive never uploaded it yet, its just the front page, so Im wondering if a graphics can do all this, even forms etc, then isnt it possible it will work, when I just put my pages into the site builder and upload.

No, the reason is that the buttons, items etc would not actually be clickable etc. Check out the other thread where I gave you a more detailed reply.

Even poking around all I see is people willing to convert your PSD file to actual HTML/CSS for you. If you are using a form, you need server side processing and that's likely beyond anything a image creator app would do.

Why not hire a freelance web developer instead of making some SS with a "graphic program only"?

If you need a site 'just because', don't know how to do it and don't wanna hire a professional you could:

Google around for some cheap hosting, with a friendly CP allowing for some '1-click CMS (Wordpress, etc.) install'

Without too much effort you should be able to work out how to manage the basic bits of your site, get some theme, plugins, etc.

Voila - with a bit of luck you'll have some sort of site, with some sort functionality, without getting into webdev. Is this what you're after though? Cause results may vary

Quote Originally Posted by wildguy2 View Post
    Hi, Im useless at programming, code, the technical side, so Im wondering if its possible to be able to create a site just in graphics, or with a graphics program like Gimp and of course photoshop, if I could afford the software.
    Or do I have to know indepth html and programming.
    Cause it seems like with the graphics programm I am learning, I can place text, images anywhere after Ive created them.
    Yes you can....but not a good one.
    I've switched careers...
    I'm NO LONGER a scientist,
    but now a web developer...
    awesome.

Must I alter size of downloaded webtheme in the webeditor.

Hi, Ive aborted the graphics page I created in Gimp, too many problems trying to put text/images on in the webeditor, but have downloaded a website theme, which I want to put my own text in etc, but how large must I make it and how do I do that, cause it only comes up small in the webeditor, not full size to the screen there.
    thanks everybody for the previous comments on building the website in graphics only.

It will be very difficult and very complicated to so ..and you can use the css and html as they are not such difficult.

website design and development

Thread Information