dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: how to convert .doc to html page

Thumbs up how to convert .doc to html page

hi to all,some one please help me .i am designing an application in that application i have to convert the doc file to html format.there are so many tools in online to convert doc to html.but i want to know how to read the doc file information? how to convert it into html format ? and what is the best software language to do these operations?

You realize Word already does this right or is this app going to be done online?

Word has a feature that can save as the document into a single web page.

thanks to all.yes "brainjames" you are right we can save it to a single web page ..the problem is if my .doc consists of images , videos and tables .how to read those things and how to convert them in html..help me with sample webpage..

In Word you Save As... and select saving as a web page. I just did this and the image was included. Note, it produced a ton of unnecessary MS based code. Now, if you want to read the Word doc and produce nice and clean code, then I'm unsure as to how to do that. However, I don't think Word has any business doing anything related to web pages in the first place.

For a more serious answer after looking around, it looks like you have to be doing this on a MS server so if you are using a Linux based on, you are out of luck unless there is something newer that came along to let you do it. Even with a MS server, you need to use COM to pull it off. Here's an article on it although it's from 2007 so no clue if it works with Word 2010.

http://drewd.com/2007/01/25/reading-...ith-com-in-php

Hi
    When you convert your ".doc" or ".docx" (depending on the Office version you are using) there will be a folder created with the same name for e.g. if you are saving your document file test.doc into an html formate you will get test.htm along witha folder test_files. You need to copy both the files on your domain or better still you can save the document file in the ".mht" format and upload the same on your domain and link it.

Thanks and Regards
    Neville

Maybe, you can refer to this Word converting library that supports to convert Word docx file into web html file within visual basic.net application, I can share the sample codes for word to html conversion with you, and you are supposed to do some sepcfic modification

Dim PDF As New Imaging()

Public Sub WordConvertToHtml()
    If True Then
    WordInputFile = ("C:/1.docx")
    ImageOutputFile = ImageFormat.htm
    End If
    End Sub
    doc.Save(@"C:/1.docx", 1, @"C:/1.htm")

press CTRL + S and save as web page.

Thread Information