www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Webform export to document

Webform export to document

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and to website building.

I am part of the group organizing a conference. We started setting up a website, where one part of it will allow potential participants to submit registration information and presentation titles/abstracts. That will be done with a webform, but we then want information from this webform to be transferred in a document, with a format that we choose. We would like to have a feature which allows each entry to be exported automatically to a formatted (e.g. pdf, Word or LaTeX) page that will be then part of the meeting's program book, automatically. We want to make these entries part of the program book with the least possible interference from us.

I am not sure what tools one should use for that - if there are templates or available modules. It is important for us to do it with little or no cost, so if you know a solution to the problem, I would be grateful to hear it.

In my brief internet searches, I have found a commerical package (http://www.doculicious.com/). Something like that would be ideal, but I am not sure where and how to search for a similar free application.

Thanks a lot in advance!

I was actually just working on something similar to this.

This depends on what type of a document you would like to export from the form. In most cases you will need to setup a database so that once the form is submitted you can then echo out the results and then have a link to save as a document.

Here's one example for PHP code that I found that works well:

http://corymathews.com/saving-a-php-...word-document/

If you want to make a file in a universal format, I would use XML if you need to convert it to other formats later on. If you only need it in it's final state, a PDF file works as well.

Thread Information