www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Isola Board Game

Isola Board Game

Good day,

I'm not good in perl and it's not my major course however I do have a university project and I should submit it to my doctor. The project talks about a Perl game name Isola.

I read about it in wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isola_(board_game)

My project is:

Project 4: ISOLA
    Isola is a two-player. It is played on a 7x7 board which is initially filled with squares, except at the starting positions of the pieces. Both players have one piece; it is placed randomly on the board White W and Black B of the row closest to his/her side of the board.
    B

W
    The starting position:
    A move consists of two subsequent actions:
    1. Moving one's piece to a neighboring (horizontally, vertically, or diagonally) position that contains a square but not the opponent's piece
    2. Removing any square with no piece on it.
    3. Create the possibility to choose the number of columns and rows with maximum 9x9 rows and columns and minimum 6x6.
    The player who cannot make any more loses the game.

Can anybody help me with it? Is there a place I can download this script ready? Anything I can do please your help

Buddy, do your homework. Try to implement the thing and when you get stuck, share your research and we'll help you get over the obstacles.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sixtease View Post
    Buddy, do your homework. Try to implement the thing and when you get stuck, share your research and we'll help you get over the obstacles.
    Hi Thanks for your reply but I really don't know where to start and how to start.

Well, my first step would be to think of the data structures that would represent the state of the game. The game is represented by a field of 7x7 cells. A cell can be free, destroyed, occupied by player 1 or occupied by player 2.

You said you're not good at Perl, but do you have any experience with programming in general? The data structures you would use are pretty much the same across languages, they're just declared with different syntax.

Come up with a set of variables that can represent the game state and then we'll see further.

Thread Information