www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Simple Image slider not working in safari

Simple Image slider not working in safari

OK I've just updated a site sergedenimes.com and at the bottom of the page there is a javascript powered image scroller which loops one image from right to left. (Where it says "who wears serge")
    It works great in Firefox, Chrome and IE8+ but with safari it leaves a blank where the repeat of the loop should be. When I refresh the page it then works as it should.

Any ideas how to get this working properly first time. The problem is only with safari (tested on Mac and iPhone)

Here is my js code pastebin.com/910BiXuH

This is a working site so the slider will only be live for a limited time.
    I've also put a demo page up at http://nearfrog.com/demoserge but I can't seem to replicate the error there.

Also, if anyone could come up with a simpler JQuery-based solution instead that would also be great.
    Thanks

Really sorry to bump but I'm still not sure about this...
    Can anyone help?

Edit: The live site is a generated page (wordpress) so it's not easy to understand where the error is coming from. As explained before I just copy-pasted generated the html/js/css code to my test server but this page then works fine in Safari.

I think the script I used might be quite old so if anyone can direct me to an alternative method - literally just looping 1 image slowly scrolling from right to left - that might be the easier way to fix it rather than debugging what I have!

Thanks
    Last edited by miocene; 04-16-2012 at 06:44 AM.

Nevermind - I have solved by using a new script powered by jquery.

Thread Information