www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Review my random gift site

Review my random gift site

I have programmed a gift site were you can buy a random present based on your interrest. I then order af gift and send it to my customers.

It is made in Danish but i would still like some tips and ideas on the layout and the functions

http://www.gavertildig.dk

Visually looks decent. The part where the products are at kind of hangs there since there are two sides made grey and the other two are open.

Code wise, it leaves a lot to be desired. The CSS needs to be externally linked as it would help clean up your code a lot. The code fails as comming close to being valid showing 27 errors.

Code:
    <br style="font-family: Verdana;">
    This, needless to say, does nothing.

Code:
    <big><big><span style="color: white;"></span></big></big>
    I would point out how the second <big> tag does nothing, but the whole thing does nothing.

<center> and <font> tags needs to be axed and use CSS instead. Something like a <br /> tag should used sparingly, and never repeated. A proper use of <p> tags and CSS should be used instead.

Thank you for the advice

I am very new to programming and learnt what i know from forums and websites so i am very pleased to get some feedback. I have only programmed my website for a week now and it is my first site.
    Your feedback have given me something to work on, so hopefully will my site be optimized within a couple of days.

It's rather good for a first week attempt.

Thumbs up Its ok

The design is nice. The it's too heavy. The background took too long to load - it gives a bad impression; and it isn't particularly appealing. I wouldn't use it if I were you.

thanks for the advice, i have changed the background to something else (onecolor grey, smaller size)

Much Better

Much Better. Also, the white links in the footer are hardly visible. Make them lil bit dark

Thread Information