www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: crop image on the fly?

Hybrid View

crop image on the fly?

I'm doing a blog post form in php, and one of the fields is an image upload to use as a thumbnail. the image will also be uploaded on it's original size to be displayed on the post.

I'm gonna use something like this to crop: http://www.webmotionuk.co.uk/jquery/...pload_crop.php

problem is I want everything to be sent when the user press "submit", so I needed that crop thing to open on a new window whenever the user selects an image on the input.

how could I do so?

thanks in advance!

Hi,
    You can add an "onchange" in that input tag, to open the page you want when the user selects an image.
    Something like this:
    Code:
    <input type="file" name="a_name" onchange="window.open('page_url')" />

I do this almost daily. I use an imaging sdk found on the internet which can crop images found on the internet . Install it and it becomes a selectable processing option.Then you can crop images in any program at all, including Adobe Acrobat . Just open the images, select crop ,and follow the setps given in the sdk, the task will be finished in several seconds. if you haven't found a good choice , you can have a try. best wishes.

Thread Information