dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Trentinney Farm Holiday Cottages

Trentinney Farm Holiday Cottages

Hi everyone

I am a new user here, just this minute signed up. By day I am a business application developer, it just so happens that my most recent business application is an Intranet with an ASP .NET MVC 3 front end.

A friend asked me to develop a "family friendly" looking website for his farm. I am by no stretch of the imagination a "web designer" but in order to save him some money I agreed and this is the result

http://www.Trentinney.co.uk

Because I am practically a complete novice when it comes to web design I would really appreciate feedback, as I love to tinker with the site and make improvements.

I hope to learn a lot of good stuff from you guys during my stay here

Quote Originally Posted by cbVision View Post
    +infinity. First thing I noticed in the original posting.

The text at the bottom is too small for practical reading.

lol

Comic Sans Criminal, lol!
    You should really change the font - it spoils the whole feel. Otherwise, it's a good site. I like the cow and the background and the images. Makes me wanna come there!

snazzy

Oh, snazzy...

A warm welcome, (you only need a cow tune to go with it, Stomping Tom Conners or something, but not seriously).

It must be a family getaway for husband and wife, two and a half children, station van wagon, and Dalmatian!!!

I wonder how many children have input in the family's vacation plans these days??

The layout looks fine so far. It's not hard to read but I would suggest to stay away from the ComicSans font. Also, I would suggest looking at web design portfolio sites to have a better idea and inspiration on web design. But I appreciate the simplicity of it and the ease of navigation.

Thanks for the feedback. I posted a request on another web developer forum and didn't get a single reply.

I am not 100% keen on the font myself, but not sure which font to use which will both look better and also look informal.

Any suggestions?

Pete

I've updated it, I chose "MS Serif"

Here is the main page - Cornwall farm holidays
    And I also decided to change the CSS for one of the buildings called "The Roundhouse" which is focused more on couples wanting a Romantic Break rather than a family holiday.

I'm pretty pleased that the redesign of the latter page was so easy with CSS, I can by no stretch of the imagination be classified as a website designer.

Thread Information