www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Developer needed!

Developer needed!

Hi,

Me and a friend of mine are working on a community website.
    The website is intended to unify different youtube communities.
    We are making the site from scratch and try to create everything ourselves and bring the users a high quality experience on the website.
    The website is still in development and far from the first release date, especially because we wanna make everything ourselves, for example we will be creating a forum, chat etc. from scratch.
    Since we are both really busy with either school or work we need someone to help us with the code.
    We will offer you a fair share in the profits of the website, this will depend on the amount of work that you will put in the website. But it would be around 20% of the profits. Also it is a good way to test your php skills, learn something new and of course gain experience. What do we expect from you: advanced knowledge of php, and advanced knowledge of HTML and CSS, Javascript is not required, but it would certainly be nice if you would at least have some basic knowledge of javascript, since we use quite some effects and user interactive shizzle.
    So if you would like to work on this project, have a good time and maybe even make some money, please send me a e-mail with the following information: Name and Age, something about yourself, your coding skills (languages, specialities etc.), timezone, (optional) some examples and maybe something else we need to know about you?
    We prefer somebody from our age (around 20) and it would be cool if you would live in roughly the same timezone (we both live in Europe GMT +1).
    If you want some more information about the project just ask me (pm, e-mail, skype etc.).

Thanks in advance,
    Sam kool & Corey Masslock
    Sam:
    E-mail: samkool@hotmail.nl <<---- send your responses to this e-mailadress so I can respond as quickly as possible
    Corey:
    E-mail: linksmallwood@gmail.com

Why are you wanting to do everything yourself when there are some many forum softwares out there? They range from free to not too expensive...

You could be up and running in a few days

First of all thanks for your reply.
    Secondly, we could use pre-made software like phpbb3, but then we would still have o spent tons of time to adjust it to our likes.
    Because we will have to adjust the account settings the lay-out, the small details you can never find in the 3000 files. Also if you make your own you can practically do anything what you want without having to search through 3000 files to find the right file.
    Furthermore, for example if we wanna make sliding pages for the forum, instead of normal links, that would take ages with phpbb3, but would be relatively simple compared to phpbb3. Also it would be much easier to integrate our chat etc.
    That are some reasons why we wanna make a custom forum.

Sam

Re

I can help out, to prove my skills i made www.25tag.com in 13 hours!
    How can we contact/chat? eg) skype, msn or yahoo.

@Jarred123, U can contact me through skype or e-mail, but becuz this forum is being a **** and it won't or can't let me send pm's this is the only way to contact you. (ps. I did send you a contact request maybe that helps?)

WEB DEVELOPMENT GROUP - NYC

Building a successful online business takes more than web development.We have help start-up clients take their ideas from concept to completion with a focus on sound business strategy, leading edge technologies and continued support through our maintenance and online marketing services. Benefit from our experience and launch your online business with a team that understands the unique challenges and is committed to your success.

Our competitive advantage is our experience. Experience gained working across a multitude of business verticals and addressing the unique needs of Internet start-ups.

Budget. Web Development Group delivers services on a project basis, which means that we thoroughly define a project scope and lock down to a firm budget before starting the project. There are no cost overruns as long as the project remains within scope.

Value. Web Development Group does not deliver low-cost solutions and we do not recommend budgets that will not support a successful completion of your project. We do provide a suite of services comparable to larger business services consultancies or interactive agencies at a fraction of the cost. We focus on value, innovation and efficiency to provide clients with the best possible solution at an affordable and appropriate budget.

Full Service. At Web Development Group, we provide a full suite of services required to launch a successful online business including:

Pre-planning & Project Definition
    Business Strategy
    Website Design
    Commerce & Enterprise Level Development
    Credit Card Processing & Secure Online Transactions
    Search Engine Optimization
    Online Marketing Services
    Social Networking
    Ongoing Maintenance & Support
    Getting Started. You're closer to getting started than you think! Call or email us to get a quick ball-park estimate or initiate a full proposal. You can also submit your details online through our RFP form.

http://webdevelopmentgroup.co/index-12.php

View all our services here:
    http://webdevelopmentgroup.co/index.html

Feel free to call 1-800-219-1314, or email william@webdevelopmentgroup.org.

Thanks.
    FOUNDER Guillermo.
    WEBDEVELOPMENTGROUP - NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by jarred123 View Post
    I can help out, to prove my skills i made www.25tag.com in 13 hours!
    How can we contact/chat? eg) skype, msn or yahoo.
    That took you thirteen hours?
    99 little bugs in the code, 99 bugs in the code, fix one bug, compile it again ... 101 little bugs in the code

An important petition, regarding your human rights:
    https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...r-both-genders

Quote Originally Posted by viper94x View Post
    Hi,

Me and a friend of mine are working on a community website.
    The website is intended to unify different youtube communities.
    We are making the site from scratch and try to create everything ourselves and bring the users a high quality experience on the website.
    The website is still in development and far from the first release date, especially because we wanna make everything ourselves, for example we will be creating a forum, chat etc. from scratch.
    Since we are both really busy with either school or work we need someone to help us with the code.
    I would be prepared to help you out a bit, but I feel that you should be making life a bit easier on yourself. Why not just use an existing php forum board out there? Why re-invent the wheel if you have a plethora of free wheels to hand, a wheel is a wheel.

Also consider that a lot of people use forums through mobile devices, so sliding pages or anything else like that will annoy the heck out of people.
    99 little bugs in the code, 99 bugs in the code, fix one bug, compile it again ... 101 little bugs in the code

Quote Originally Posted by wh666-666 View Post
    yea mostly getting the pictures though and data entry

Quote Originally Posted by wh666-666 View Post
    It would take no more then few minutes for either of us...

Please consider the
    environment before printing

Quote Originally Posted by alexsts View Post
    It would take no more then few minutes for either of us...
    Hehe glad we're on the same page here!

Hey,

Hey!, I'd be more then happy to help you. When possible send me a (PM) or contact me directly. My information is below.

Thread Information