www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Comments on a textarea

Hybrid View

Comments on a textarea

Hi got a bit of a tricky question here if anyone could be of any help it would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure if this is the right board so apologies in advance (I'm new here).

For a project i've created a system that will allow users to submit their written work to a database.

I'm using the TinyMCE text editor to allow the users to highlight specific area of the text. This is all working fine. However I need to implement an additional feature that would allow an administrator to leave feedback on the users written work. Originally I was going to use a simple text area. However something more bespoke needs to be created. What I am looking for is a feature similar to the comment feature in Microsoft Word (in the review tab). This will allow an administrator to leave feedback specific to a word or phrase in the TinyMCE text area.

I've looked at jQueries but can't find anything that will do what I need. I've looked at the tinyMCE text editor features and the nearest I can seem to get is a drawing textbox. I will keep researching but if anyone could be of any advice It would be great. Thanks a lot... Mark

This will allow an administrator to leave feedback specific to a word or phrase in the TinyMCE text area.

Hmm, couldn't that lead to a lot of anotations for one text? Especially if the copper cant "state the facts" clearly!

You could doubtless define special CSS classes for administrators and change their contents according to the user (author, administrator or other users) ?

Thread Information