www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: RSS feeds

RSS feeds

I was wondering if there was a way to set up an RSS feed that was pulling from multiple sources and then it would update by the most recent post. no matter who the source was.

I was also wondering if there was a way to take that same feed and put it on the home page of my site. I have worked with RSS feeds a little bit but i am still getting used to working with them. Any information on making this work would be great. Thanks!

Sure. You'd have to import the various rss feeds, put them into a list (or database), sort by date, then present the list on your home page. You could either code this yourself, or there are folks selling such things that might save you some time and energy. Google for something like "RSS Feed Aggregator"

Dave

Would it be possible to tell the RSS feed to search for and display only certain key words? Like 'cheese', or 'politics' etc... Or is that not possible at all?

An RSS feed is just data, there isn't a program executing it. So you can't "tell it" anything. If you write or buy software that can do these things, then yes searching for keywords is possible.

Dave

Thanks for all the help ! Much Appreciated!

Thread Information