dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Requesting a review

Requesting a review

Hi
    Requesting a review of my site , all suggestions welcome even the harsh one's.
    www.dealmonkey.ie

Reduce the clip art

I would try to get better icons and buttons. I think the clipart buttons is overdone and cheapens the site (IMHO). Good job though and best of luck with the site

functional.

The site is functional. If you is the only game in town, the next thing you should know is what percentage of real shoppers are online in Dublin. To achieve success you is going to have to change the planning habits of currrent shoppers. Perhaps the ole incentive trick, shop online for a further 6 to 9% off, but making sure delivery if included still undercuts a drive to the shop.

I guess it's pure habit, but I'm use to seeing the login aspect in the upper right corner. I don't think people's eyes are going to go where you have it right now. You have dead space in the upper right corner. You might as well use it for something.

The upper and lower middle product sections need headers. I know they are products, but why are they there? Are they specials? Are they just random items? Are they something I like based on my products views or purchases?

I would horizontally list your Facebook and Twitter listings. I'm not even sure you need to mention following you there. They could be placed to the right of the menu or even left of About Us. It would help moving your content up by doing these sort of things.

Not sure I would put site stats. It's great if you have 1 million registered users. It comes across as a deterrent when you have less than 20 as you do now.

Honestly it looks to me like one of those scam sites the way its layed out. If I seen this on the internet just browsing I would not trust the site let alone buy anything from it. I guess because there are just so many of them out there that are scams and spams. Sorry that was just my first initial thought when it loaded. Upon further looking, it isnt as bad as I initially thought.

Twitter, facebook and login can be put on top - right?
    One important thing with shopping sites is to have a security logo either from sitelock or anywhere.

---
    Avigma Technologies
    http://www.avigma.com

Thanks For the honest comments, it really helps a lot.
    Gonna do some changes.

At First glance it is looking professional, useful and an honest effort, from business point of view you are trying to make a hub(mall). Good work!!

I decided to try out putting something into my shopping cart. I get a popup that sends me to a different site. The next thing I know I'm being forced to signup for a e-mail newsletter. I can click on that I already registered to bypass it but this to me is a huge deterrent. Another item simply sends me to Amazon.

I guess I falsely assumed I would be buying from your site versus your site merely listing stuff I can find elsewhere. It would be one thing if you are sending people to items that are currently on sale as there are sites that do this. This way you are a site to find where deals are on the web, hence Deal Monkey, but you aren't unless that's a later implementation of the site.

Quote Originally Posted by spufi View Post
    I decided to try out putting something into my shopping cart. I get a popup that sends me to a different site. The next thing I know I'm being forced to signup for a e-mail newsletter. I can click on that I already registered to bypass it but this to me is a huge deterrent. Another item simply sends me to Amazon.

I guess I falsely assumed I would be buying from your site versus your site merely listing stuff I can find elsewhere. It would be one thing if you are sending people to items that are currently on sale as there are sites that do this. This way you are a site to find where deals are on the web, hence Deal Monkey, but you aren't unless that's a later implementation of the site.
    Thanks for the comments, im using affiliate account to populate the site while i source real business ppl. The site is a classified/daily deal site. only been up about 4 weeks so all your comments are helping
    thanks

Logo could be taken a look at.

What I'm particularly concerned about are the icons and colors. Maybe you can make revisions on them.

Your site could not open.I try in Firefox.

I could barely make out a difference in background color between the products on the homepage. I can tell you are implementing something like zebra striping in the background colors, but these colors need more contrast. Also, a single 1 pixel horizontal border between the products might help the products stand out more by drawing some distinction between the products as opposed to a big giant list.

logo and template is nice, but needs to look more şirketimsi, will rely on it as a way still goes on.

Thread Information