dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Javascript and x3d/xml

Javascript and x3d/xml

Hey guys, I have an X3D file embedded in a web page using the tag <embed>. X3D file is written in xml. I wonder if I have to access a node contained in my X3D file through javascript and change their values​​.

you can try loading the XML into a new javascript object, try this:

http://www.w3schools.com/dom/dom_parser.asp

once you've got it in an object you can read the XML, however you won't be able to manipulate it. For that you may need to access the X3D XML through whatever plugin/method you're viewing X3D. Each plugin will probably have its own set of APIs.

Lemme know how you get on with this, I would be interested to know.

based off my experience and working with Plugins for unsupported browser filetypes (SVG, CGM, .3ko), I've had to resort to the proprietary APIs.

Which plugin are you using for X3D?

Quote Originally Posted by p.phresh View Post
    you can try loading the XML into a new javascript object, try this:

http://www.w3schools.com/dom/dom_parser.asp

once you've got it in an object you can read the XML, however you won't be able to manipulate it. For that you may need to access the X3D XML through whatever plugin/method you're viewing X3D. Each plugin will probably have its own set of APIs.

Lemme know how you get on with this, I would be interested to know.

based off my experience and working with Plugins for unsupported browser filetypes (SVG, CGM, .3ko), I've had to resort to the proprietary APIs.

Which plugin are you using for X3D?

I'm using H3D plugin. H3D is an API that allows the development of X3D scenes with haptic features. graphics as part of the scene and developed using X3D, the plugin also performs common X3D scenes. the H3D API was developed in C + +, as well as plug-in

more information: h3d.org

in the case of H3D API, X3D scene can be changed at runtime using python or c + + and i need to change certain fields with values ​​reported by us User in a form on the web page

thanks
    Last edited by MarkOL; 04-23-2012 at 09:25 PM.

Thread Information