Hi my fellow developers,

this here is my first post. I am currently working on a Webbased application which loads and manipulates SVG graphics. The key functions are selection, zooming, panning, etc.
At first I embeded my SVG graphics with the help of the "object" tag.
Like this:
<object border="2" align="middle" id="objectElement" data='y:/mySVG.svg' type="image/svg+xml" style="border: 1px black solid;"/>

in the head of my SVG I got a onload function called SvgLoadReactor in which I can get and set all the events and attributes of my SVG.
<svg enableZoomAndPanControls="true" preserveAspectRatio="xMinYMin meet" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" viewBox="29.0784 -85.9536 56.8752 61.5005" width="30cm" height="20cm" onload="JavaScript:try{parent.SvgLoadReactor(evt)}catch(ex){alert(ex);}">

This method works fine if I load the file from my local drive. But when I attempt to load the file from the network drive I get to see the graphic, but all my mouseevents stopped working.
I get the error Acces Denied when loading from the network drive.

After many tries I decided to load the file contend via ActiveX and then write the entire content into a div.
This method works great when using IE9. With that I can now load any SVG file from anywhere.

Now this is where I begin to explain my current problem.
My WebApplicaton should later be a part of another Windows application which uses a Webbrowser Control to run WebApps. Webbrowser Control are by default in IE7-mode which is incompatible with the <svg> tag. To get around this issue I just used this:
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">. I now can see my graphic, I am able to pan and zoom, but now I can't select individual polygons and the program crashes every few seconds.

As a test I tried out the app using the embedding via the object tag and all functions work out perfectly. But using this I still have the big trouble not being able to load my SVG files from the network drive.

I hope you guys get the dilemma I am currently in. I would be glad to hear any ideas or suggestions