www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Newbie needs quick and dirty website review please and thank you

Wink Newbie needs quick and dirty website review please and thank you

Hi there:
    Would really appreciate any feedback on website...design, ease of navigation, etc! Used a website builder to make site...blonde-roots really describes my technical ability 2 people have mentioned that the site doesn't display properly on their computers...black line or area blocks all content/text. I thank you in advance for any comments...well, almost any comment

Told u I have blonde roots...website Is: www.dominicanvacationdreams.com
    How red is my face????

It looks like the site was built for a specific width and when it shows up on a wider more normal resolution it expands and shows a lot of white space. You have parts of text that go beyond the intended area. You have an image far down on your site which creates an unnecessary amount of empty space. Needless to say the tool you are using is creating a ton of unnecessary code as well so it's not easy to just say, "Fix this here."

You need to fix your CSS. The website looks bad. Once you have that done. The website is ok. It does do its purpose. Competitors for vacations usually look the same. This website reminds me of Vacations 2 Go. Bad design but does it purpose.

The only problem is Vacations 2 Go I have a trust problem with that website since it is so ugly. Yours is not on that low level but I would work on making the website more professional.

Red face sniff sniff...waaaaa

Just kidding... I wouldn't have asked for feedback if I hadn't wanted it. I was using a hosting site with templates because I am pretty much code and tech illiterate. I know I messed some stuff up recently cos I tried to address the issues some people were having with the pages turning up black. I just kept playing around until I was able to make a bandaid solution...they could see the site but it really screwed up the site.

I actually have hired a website designer - they are going to design 5 pages
    of a website and teach me how to make add pages and manage the new site.

Thank you guys so much for the feedback and when the new site is up trust me...I'm gonna ask you to check it again for me!!!!!

Have a great week!!!!!!!!!

If I had the time I could have reworked it for you. I reformatted the code to how I would do it in an editor and my guess was you had about 1k of line in terms of code for just the home page. I axed out the stuff that did nothing and was around 600+ lines. My guess is I could have gotten the markup below 200 if not 100. It was literally easier to just start over and then get it to look like you have it although you didn't want it to look that way in the end really.

Wink thanks....

I'm still gonna put the "designer" site up for review when it is done!!! Please look for it!!!!!!!

I truly appreciate the feedback...I don't want an ugly and untrustworthy site

Hahaha quick and dirty review?

Can I just add, I would suggest that you don't include images like the one at the bottom. Yes I laughed at travel with us or else, but it isn't very professional.
    99 little bugs in the code, 99 bugs in the code, fix one bug, compile it again ... 101 little bugs in the code

An important petition, regarding your human rights:
    https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...r-both-genders

Thread Information