dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Google announce new algorithm to target spam keyword

Google announce new algorithm to target spam keyword

Hi,
    Something that is interesting for webmasters, and SEO.
    Google announced a new algorithm change to reduce the ranking of 'perceived' spammers.
    http://insidesearch.blogspot.com/201...h-quality.html
    This latest update appears to target keyword stuffing (lists of keywords) and article spinning.
    This will reduce the rank of the website with spam keywords in their content.

It also included Too many links with same anchor text and door way sites

then what about keyword density, does keyword density work after new update?

Quote Originally Posted by virtueinfo11 View Post
    then what about keyword density, does keyword density work after new update?
    Does it work in what way? Google doesn't have an ideal keyword density before or after the update.

Well, I begin to think that "keyword density" is just a myth. I note this term alla'round different webdev/wm messageboards, but no one can prove it really exists except the point "it should". Ow yeah, the fact is that it should exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Anton Zaleski View Post
    Well, I begin to think that "keyword density" is just a myth. I note this term alla'round different webdev/wm messageboards, but no one can prove it really exists except the point "it should". Ow yeah, the fact is that it should exist.
    Then you may be interested in this video from Matt Cutts "What is the ideal keyword density of a page?", in which he explains that there isn't one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk4qgQdp2UA

Quote Originally Posted by turkeyproperty View Post
    Does it work in what way? Google doesn't have an ideal keyword density before or after the update.
    Well you are very true. If i share my experience my 1 keyword was not even single time in content or meta still it was ranking 1st page 7th position( its very competitive 2 phrase keyword) but while i added it 1 time in meta and twice in content it actully went down that the position it was. so i think people can get idea why should they not bother for keyword density much

You are absolutely right Maggy.

Thread Information