www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Automatic Cookie Delete

Automatic Cookie Delete

Hey I'm new to the concept of cookies. Is there any way that a cookie can be created, then 12 hours later it is automatically deleted? Thanks

Yes, all cookies have an expiration. You would just set it for 12 hours.
    I'm always up for networking with fellow web professionals. Connect with me on LinkedIn if you like!

Well, not so much as deleted; cookies have expiration dates. How are you creating these cookies? PHP? JavaScript?
    “The power of the Web is in its universality. Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect.”
    —Tim Berners-Lee, W3C Director and inventor of the World Wide Web

JavaScript, sorry should have said that.

What I'm Trying to do (for a school tech project) is put a specific number into a textbox, then after it is put in once, the user cannot put the same number in again for 12 hours.

See http://www.w3schools.com/js/js_cookies.asp for details. But remember, only a certain number of cookies will be stored at a time by a browser and only a certain, limited number of users use JavaScript. But those might not be a problem with your application.
    “The power of the Web is in its universality. Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect.”
    —Tim Berners-Lee, W3C Director and inventor of the World Wide Web

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    See http://www.w3schools.com/js/js_cookies.asp for details. But remember, only a certain number of cookies will be stored at a time by a browser and only a certain, limited number of users use JavaScript. But those might not be a problem with your application.
    Thanks that site was extremely helpful.

Thread Information