www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Redirect

Redirect

I am trying to figure a way to redirect my main home page to itself after a 30 second delay, i need a fresh load not a refresh. Refresh wont count a hit. i use wordpress but i could make a page just for this using html if needed.

Something like this perhaps:
    Code:
    <html>
    <head>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    function delayer(){
    	document.location = "http://yoursite.com"
    }
    //-->
    </script>
    </head>
    <body onLoad="setTimeout('delayer()', 150000)">
    </body>
    </html>

However why would you want to do this? If it is for a blog where you just want another hit for traffic spammer or any ads accounts it's a bit pointless as it would be very frustrating reading a page, just to have it reload completely before you finish. That would stop the person coming back again.
    99 little bugs in the code, 99 bugs in the code, fix one bug, compile it again ... 101 little bugs in the code

An important petition, regarding your human rights:
    https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...r-both-genders

Quote Originally Posted by wh666-666 View Post
    Something like this perhaps:
    Code:
    <html>
    <head>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    function delayer(){
    	document.location = "http://yoursite.com"
    }
    //-->
    </script>
    </head>
    <body onLoad="setTimeout('delayer()', 150000)">
    </body>
    </html>

However why would you want to do this? If it is for a blog where you just want another hit for traffic spammer or any ads accounts it's a bit pointless as it would be very frustrating reading a page, just to have it reload completely before you finish. That would stop the person coming back again.
    i am preparing to sell it in the coming months just trying to maximize traffic to boost alexa rank thru proxies so i get a better price.

I actually used a meta refresh all night starting at midnight and at 1130am im at 10.5k hits with a 5 second refresh. i am trying to bump total traffic up to around 120k so that it seems like i average 2k hits a day, i have only had the site less than 2 months and i am at 66k total hits
    Last edited by kkannon; 04-30-2012 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kkannon View Post
    i am preparing to sell it in the coming months just trying to maximize traffic to boost alexa rank thru proxies so i get a better price.

I actually used a meta refresh all night starting at midnight and at 1130am im at 10.5k hits with a 5 second refresh. i am trying to bump total traffic up to around 120k so that it seems like i average 2k hits a day, i have only had the site less than 2 months and i am at 66k total hits
    It sounds to me that what you are doing is illegal. If I'm right, (and I'm not an authority) it's not only a civil offence, its a criminal one, called "obtaining money by false pretences" or some such. Just thought I'd mention that.

Quote Originally Posted by jedaisoul View Post
    It sounds to me that what you are doing is illegal. If I'm right, (and I'm not an authority) it's not only a civil offence, its a criminal one, called "obtaining money by false pretences" or some such. Just thought I'd mention that.
    there is programs sold all over the internet to do the same thing. id rather just do it the easier way by just doing an infinite loop of redirects. the domain no matter what is only going to be worth what someone will pay if they look at my anyalitics data they will see the real traffic counts.

Putting aside legality, kka, you're still wrong. Trust me when I say, that a user will close the tab and never return to your page if you have a redirect script running. Redirect will not result on more hits.

Unique and returning hits both count in raising the value of a site or domain for sale. To get returning hits you are advised to have content and use rss feeds. For unique hits across ip ranges, exploit social networking like stumble. To completely fake hits, use trafficspammer with a paid account to automate hits across ip ranges and be undetected as well.
    Last edited by wh666-666; 05-01-2012 at 05:26 PM.
    99 little bugs in the code, 99 bugs in the code, fix one bug, compile it again ... 101 little bugs in the code

there is programs sold all over the internet to do the same thing. id rather just do it the easier way by just doing an infinite loop of redirects. the domain no matter what is only going to be worth what someone will pay if they look at my anyalitics data they will see the real traffic counts.
    It won't look real though. A hit with exact same second intervals from the same ip added looks completely faked.

there is programs sold all over the internet to do the same thing.
    You are trying to describe trafficspammer and similar programs. They work completely differently to redirect scripts or multiple hits from the same ip add on one site.

there is programs sold all over the internet to do the same thing.
    Providing a program capable of faking hits is not illegal (as far as I am aware). That is similar to providing fake "turbo" badges to put on cars. If it makes you happier to ride in a car with a turbo badge on it, or to fake your site statistics, that is your affair.

However, USING such a program or car sticker (or anything else) to falsely increase the perceived value to a prospective buyer IS a felony. I.e. It is a criminal offence.

Thread Information