www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: build your own computer

build your own computer

I need to install virus scanner on my PC. I have license Windows 7, so i can install Microsoft security essentials free. If I use McAfee i have to pay.
    Is Microsoft security essentials suitable instead of McAfee?

Thanks....

Welcome to the site

Microsoft security essentials is a popular virus scanner and you can't beat the price.

Much to my surprise, it is actually being recommended by people who teach my A+ classes. I'm trying it out on my school PC for the term to get a feel for it. It's one of the good free options. If I'm going to pay, Kapersky is what I would install. I have zero desire to install Norton or McAfee on a PC.

I'd rather pay for something like Sandboxie than anti-virus software personally, I've never used any, but I see the use for it all the same.
    Great wit and madness are near allied, and fine a line their bounds divide.

I'd rather just use a real OS like linux, but each to their own.

For the OP, I usually detest MS software (like IE that is a blight, an infection on the computing world for example). However saying that, the Sysinternals suite and Security Essentials, are actually fairly good and free to boot. I use Security essentials on a Win7 partition and CA EZ on my XP partition (yes that might seen ironic considering my previous statement, but I have to use it for work).
    99 little bugs in the code, 99 bugs in the code, fix one bug, compile it again ... 101 little bugs in the code

An important petition, regarding your human rights:
    https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...r-both-genders

Thread Information