Big Thanks for the help!
This solution is meeting my requirement, but still a small glitch.
You must have noticed that for the second file notWorking_2.txt , when
filtering for valid value the cell containing "task_template_qualify_dep" under the "Task" column and also its next right hand cell containing value "create"
under "Command" column are not coming . Although that row is correctly
filtered but only those two cells are coming as blank.
Also in my last mail the consolidated file I sent, there also it is getting a bit
messed up. I am attaching those two problem files with your tabfilter.js
embedded in it as <script src >
Am I doing any mistake ?
this darn cell containing "task_template_qualify_dep" f** all of my soul up today lol the most majority of coding perversions were dedicated to it personally )))
ok i finally seem to understand the main problem: because of the language barrier i misunderstood which cells you need to stay visible after filtering the page. now i see that if there's at least 1 "valid" value in the row, the link from the very first cell in this row must be visible after filtering. am i right?
My apologies if I have not explained the requirement properly.
"ok i finally seem to understand the main problem: because of the language barrier i misunderstood which cells you need to stay visible after filtering the page. now i see that if there's at least 1 "valid" value in the row, the link from the very first cell in this row must be visible after filtering. am i right? "
Yes, you are right. When there is atleast one valid value ('IN','OK' etc) in the row under "Status" column, then after filtering the link from the very first cell ("Task" column) to the very last cell ("Comments" ) should be visible. Otherwise it makes no sense for me if any cell is empty after filtering on the valid values under "Status" column.
All the respective cell values should come under proper column after filtering.
Hope, I could explain it properly this time. Thanks for your help.
here is new mega-multy-hyper perversion edition ))))
I think there has been a miscommunication form my part. There is still some major mismatch with the desired display of html after filtering.
Let us consider the the "consolidated.txt" I attached before. After filtering by
"onlyValidStatus" the html display will look like "desired_display_after_filtering.txt".
I have attached the "desired_display_after_filtering.txt" and the previous "consolidated.txt" here with this reply again.
Please for ease of understanding the display after filtering , consider the html part
Please look, how checkRsf1 and checkRsf2 "Tasks" have been displayed in the "desired_display_after_filtering.txt" file. I want exactly that. Please see how the
rowspan of the row "checkRsf1 exec esdnet IN " has reduced to 1 from 5.
Hope I could explain it better now.
it is hard to manipulate tables having rowspans properly... so i decided to refuse show/hide full rows and now the script acts another way. every first cell stays where it was, but 'not-valid' and 'partly not-valid' cells change color and opacity. for some reasons i wouldn't recommend you to use IE for this script. hope we're done )
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)