dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How to make a navigation bar- on all the pages, from one source file

How to make a navigation bar- on all the pages, from one source file

I am a noob, which I'm sure was obvious, but at least I didn't waste the title on that fact.

While I do know HTML and CSS, and some C, I'm not very familiar with logic-based languages as a whole and my personal website is scaling up to the point where I hate adding content because that means I have to update the navigation in every single file.

I know this isn't the way it's done on other sites, can someone give me a pointer towards some sort of tutorial where I can just list all my navigation in one file, then reference it from all the other page files?

Thank you so much, guys, I'm really looking forward to learning how to solve this problem.

The navbar I'm creating in this tutorial will be text based with no underlining. It will have the same color for visited and unvisited links, and a different color when a link is hovered over.

Text based navbars are quick to load, easy to make, and you can make them look quite smart. Once you've learned how to make this navbar, you'll be able to style one how you want.

For Mpre Information: theadvantech.com

Thread Information