dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: [RESOLVED] Content disappearing in Google Chrome

Hybrid View

resolved [RESOLVED] Content disappearing in Google Chrome

Hello,

I have a serious issue which I can seem to wrap my head around. I know next to nothing about website design/development but after learning off and on for few months, I managed to create a website using Dreamweaver. I thought everything was working smoothly until I tested the site on Google Chrome. Please check it out on Firefox, then on Chrome. Most of the important content does not show up and only one page "services" displays what it's supposed to. I just can't seem to figure out why but my theory is that it has something to do with the CSS.

I'm sure this may be something trivial for a seasoned designer. I would really appreciate the help!

The text in your content area of your home page really should be actual text. Saying that, here's some links for ideas.

Scroll towards the bottom
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8...me-and-firefox

http://productforums.google.com/foru...lp/6VG2hG7FExo

Thanks for the suggestion. Actually, initially I was going to do that but due to the lack of font options, I decided to use Fireworks and make it more personalized. I will definitely consider it.

But I need to address the problem with chrome first. I don't know what's going on.

The text looks like a fairly standard sans type font so I guess I don't see the need to make the content an image. Also, using images for typical text content makes it much harder for Google search results. If you want people to find you via search, you are making it more difficult. There is also the matter than it will make your site load slower as well.

Your point is well taken, but the matter for which I'm here is more pressing because if people use chrome, they won't even see more than half of the content!

Can you help in this regard? Chrome is really disrupting everything. It's the only browser out of the three that's having issues.

Anyone out there?

That was one of the first things I thought of but of course that is not the issue, otherwise, nothing, not even the background that's displaying would show up. Just like all other pics, the background is also a PNG.

Apparently I had some junk CSS in the wrapper div. As soon as I removed it, all elements appeared again!

So if someone has a problem similar to mine and is specific to chrome, check the CSS for anything that shouldn't be there.

Thread Information