dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Do things have to go in order.

Hybrid View

Do things have to go in order.

Hi, if I put an image on the left side of the page, and I want one on the right side of the page, Do I have to put images in first, or could I put the 1st image in, then text in the middle of the page, then Image on right.
    Or must I put the images in first, then the text. Is their a order in which things must be done in css and html.

If anyone can help me. thanks.
    Thanks Spufi and Major Payne for the info the other night.

As far as images and texts are concerned, no such order exists!

It all depends upon your choice.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: CSS is amazing!

Are you talking about html or css? In html, generally block type things lay out like text from left to right top to bottom, but there are all kinds of positioning styles (like floats) that disrupt that flow.

In CSS, the order doesn't matter except when there's a conflict, in which case (generally) the latter rule overrides the earlier one.

its dont matter on the order you submit your code, its matter on how you wrote the code that they are in.

in my opinion the best way to handle site structure is floated divs\elements, i never use positions and its working great in case you know whats you doing.

Thanks,Can I use float bottom, if I want image at bottom.

Thanks guys, thanks Chryaner. Ill try floats first, but may I ask, how do I put the image at the bottom of the page with float, cause I see there is a float-right, and left, but can you put float-bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by wildguy2 View Post
    Thanks guys, thanks Chryaner. Ill try floats first, but may I ask, how do I put the image at the bottom of the page with float, cause I see there is a float-right, and left, but can you put float-bottom.
    youll have to define widths and height for every element in your page.

when you define your elements, they will simply push each other.
    youll have to play with them and place them in their positions.
    for example, if you have elements on the top and you need to place elements on the bottom, you can define the height of the element on the top so it will push the element on below down to the bottom.

Thread Information