www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please review www.allwikilyrics.com

Arrow Please review www.allwikilyrics.com

Hello all! I have just launched a new website www.allwikilyrics.com
    The goal for the website to create a database of all lyrics in all languages
    We use wiki engine so there is a same principle to create pages. All can add their favorite artists and lyrics

Looks like a standard wiki template. Not sure why there are red and blue links when they should be the same.

Yes it is standart wiki!
    red color means that page doesn't exist ... so you can create it )))

It's not unusual to be (like dat).

It works. Good luck.

Does someone wants to add lyrics? )

Hello all! There are some updates:
    1) Now it is possible to add video from youtube to all lyrics page using specific template
    For example http://www.allwikilyrics.com/index.p...Fields_Of_Gold
    Now you can see lyrics watch and listen to the song. I have just started to add videos to some pages that I have already created
    2) I have updated a serach ... if you try to type "Sting" to search bar then there will be a pop up with possible pages of this singer. So you can quckly follow to a page of some singer
    Hope you like it and join this community

resolved Website Reviews

Its very similar to wekipedia.com. U must work for navigation.

based on the concept, url title, and its design, it looks like a site people would use.

I'm curious- does it scrape lyrics from any other websites.

The software is fine, but please modify the theme to something.. it looks to similar to Wikipedia and that's quite weird considering this is a lyrics website

Thank you all for positive comments!
    There are some new updates:
    1) Now the infobox can be implemented to the artist's page which makes the page attractive I think
    2) All registered users can add favorite songs to favorite list and save it there!

link to a youTUBE Video?

I inserted the lyrics for one of my songs "Whine your dog" by WildCard, but I could not find how to link it to the video on youTUBE (WyCnet).

Did I have to login?

Quote Originally Posted by WyCnet View Post
    I inserted the lyrics for one of my songs "Whine your dog" by WildCard, but I could not find how to link it to the video on youTUBE (WyCnet).

Did I have to login?
    Hello! Thx that you tried! You did it a little bit wrong! First you had to make a page of your singer or band. I created a page of the artist you wanted ... here it is >>> http://www.allwikilyrics.com/index.php/Wildcard
    you can click edit and add all songs of this artist ... so then you can add lyrics with youtube.
    Read Help http://www.allwikilyrics.com/index.p..._to_add_lyrics
    or write me PM with questons I will respon as I will be able to )
    And it would be great if you join and start adding lyrics )

Awesome...

I got the hang of it. I had never started a wiki page before, but I had added some information on Knowledge and Intelligence at Wikipedia, so I was a rank amateur.

Because I am a part time composer, I added the key, time signature and chords used with the lyrics, which is a good thing, I believe. I write music for people to enjoy!

Due to the fact that I am the sole composer, I don't think others should edit the lyrics or any musical notation I contribute What do you think about this category of contributors?

I linked to the youTUBE video easily (ahem), but Firefox could not display the video, and it gave me difficulty in installing the Flash player, whereas IE8 worked like the charm it is!!

Here is my first contribution:
    http://www.allwikilyrics.com/index.p...nd_Monkey_Show

Thanks a million times over...

Quote Originally Posted by WyCnet View Post
    I got the hang of it. I had never started a wiki page before, but I had added some information on Knowledge and Intelligence at Wikipedia, so I was a rank amateur.

Because I am a part time composer, I added the key, time signature and chords used with the lyrics, which is a good thing, I believe. I write music for people to enjoy!

Due to the fact that I am the sole composer, I don't think others should edit the lyrics or any musical notation I contribute What do you think about this category of contributors?

I linked to the youTUBE video easily (ahem), but Firefox could not display the video, and it gave me difficulty in installing the Flash player, whereas IE8 worked like the charm it is!!

Here is my first contribution:
    http://www.allwikilyrics.com/index.p...nd_Monkey_Show

Thanks a million times over...
    Great that you find out how to do it. But the songs that you have posted is like a guitar lessons_ so I had to remove them!
    Last edited by FokeBox; 06-16-2012 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FokeBox View Post
    Great that you find out how to do it. I had to edit some of your pages )
    1) If there isn't album for a song then you may remove this text.
    2) Don't post just only youtube video without lyrics ... we are lyrics website )
    3) Don't post tabs or somethinh like that! We make later other section for it!
    Best wishes
    P.S. And if it is your own lessons don't post them =)

Thread Information