www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Clearing Site Cache

Clearing Site Cache

I was hoping someone could help me out. I recently changed over all the links on my site that pertained to access of some publications my company produces. I was hoping after a few days Google would re-index everything but it seems that when I search articles on my site with my Google Search I have implemented, it still leads to the old publication links that are dead and it is causing issues for my readers.

Is there a way to remove all these or is it a matter of time type thing?

To fasten the process you should 301 redirect all the old urls to the new ones. If these are generating 404 then the chances are you will loose some visitors.

Quote Originally Posted by nodnarbnap View Post
    I was hoping someone could help me out. I recently changed over all the links on my site that pertained to access of some publications my company produces. I was hoping after a few days Google would re-index everything but it seems that when I search articles on my site with my Google Search I have implemented, it still leads to the old publication links that are dead and it is causing issues for my readers.

Is there a way to remove all these or is it a matter of time type thing?
    Did you submit your new site map with new URLS...this could be the reason that your old URLs are being shown as they are already indexed.

As suggested by nodder you must have to redirect your Old urls to your new URL to overcome this issue. Also create sitemap and resubmit it in webmaster tool. You can also build some links for new links and after sometime(you will have to wait it can take 1 month as well) your old links would be replaced by new ones.

You should redirect all the urls and then wait for some time it will indexed automatically.

Clearing a Cache and Reloading Pages. Clear the cache –delete temporary internet files to fix common website issues.

Thread Information