www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: [RESOLVED] CSS Miinumum height question

Threaded View

resolved [RESOLVED] CSS Miinumum height question

I am designing a website you can see here:
    http://www.lawrence-nv.us/fashiondes...gners/Davis-B/

I have a content area located below the navigation bar. I have a CSS statement for this content that says min-height: 50px; with background-color: white;

Within this content DIV area I have two Divs, one called Leftbox and one called Right box. In each of these boxes I have a bunch of <br> followed by &nbsp; just to give the boxes some height. These boxes have position: absolute, and are within the content area which has position: relative.

As you can see, the leftbox and rightbox have made the content area height to contain these boxes, yet the background color is only 50 pixels high.

How do I get the background color of the content area to fill the complete content area?

The reason I set it up this way is because I will have many pages like this where the amount of text and photos in each of the leftbox and rightbox will be different on each page, and I want the content area pushed down to keep the footer at the bottom, but I also want the color of the content area to fill the complete content area.

The colors I have shown are just so I can see where the different elements are located.
    Last edited by lkeeney; 05-11-2012 at 11:34 PM.
    Larry

Thread Information