www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Community Support Appreciated

Community Support Appreciated

Hey guys, I'm really excited to be in the alpha stage of my website.

The site is located at my-iiq.isdigital.com

It's a new approach to online IQ tests and I would really appreciate the community involvement.

Please report any technical issues, comments or questions

Thanks everyone.

The site responds extremely slowly, it crawls. You might want to look at loading times or a better host ....

The sign up works fine. However on the IQ test, you dont state what you want the subject to do. For example on the first series of tests, say "put the following in order from lowest to highest".
    99 little bugs in the code, 99 bugs in the code, fix one bug, compile it again ... 101 little bugs in the code

An important petition, regarding your human rights:
    https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...r-both-genders

thank you very much for your feedback.
    If you could please, how long did it take for the flash to load in your browser? Unfortunately I don't have a flash loader prompt so while the flash is loading you're looking at a blank screen.

When you 'entered' the site a 'Connecting' prompt was initiated, this takes 2 to 3 seconds, this is normal because the site is learning how many frames per as3 second you're computer is opperating at. I need this for the auto-save feature.
    How long did you it take you to 'connect'?

I can definitly have this process work in the background instead of making the user site and wait.

As for further instruction, completely agreed, I was just eager to get it going, but so far people seem to intuitively figure it out.

thank you for your feedback, anything else would be appreciated. Once I make the changes, I may also ask for your support on a follow-up, if you're interested of course.

Please, I do need other user feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by iIQ View Post
    If you could please, how long did it take for the flash to load in your browser? Unfortunately I don't have a flash loader prompt so while the flash is loading you're looking at a blank screen.
    Just to load the front page, I lost track the first time, but I've just timed both again now. It took me 37 seconds, on a 10meg fibre connection from the UK.

When you 'entered' the site a 'Connecting' prompt was initiated, this takes 2 to 3 seconds, this is normal because the site is learning how many frames per as3 second you're computer is opperating at. I need this for the auto-save feature.
    How long did you it take you to 'connect'?
    8-9 seconds for this step.

I can definitly have this process work in the background instead of making the user site and wait.
    That sounds like a good idea. Even if the flash isn't fully loaded, something on the screen would reassure me it isn't a broken link.

As for further instruction, completely agreed, I was just eager to get it going, but so far people seem to intuitively figure it out.
    Ahhh I just realised, I registered, waited for the email, then came to log in and hadn't seen the register page again and forgotten about it which lists the instruction as "in the most logical order".

thank you for your feedback, anything else would be appreciated. Once I make the changes, I may also ask for your support on a follow-up, if you're interested of course.
    No problem, I'd be happy to oblige!
    99 little bugs in the code, 99 bugs in the code, fix one bug, compile it again ... 101 little bugs in the code

37 seconds, that's terrible. Huh....

Page isn't coming up.

dead link as in connection problem? or just a blank page?

How long does it take for it to load up for you iIQ?

It might be handy if everyone posting times for loading lists their connection and location?

Well, the server is very close by But from other computers in my house it takes about 2 seconds for the flash to load and everything. I've even tested the connection speed of my site with online speed testers and they seem to be on par with other sites, but, and it's a big but, I'm learning that because the site is entirely in flash, this is what is causing all the connection lags. Really unfortunate. my flash app is less than 400kb though, a large image should take longer to load. I wonder if increasing the upload connection speed of the server might help?

wh666-666, can you re-enter my site, login and then try the first part again. I reset your account. I need to to check a few things on your end if you wouldn't mind.
    -in the lower right corner you'll see a save icon next to the time remaining, and once you move a tile the load icon will replace the save icon, once the 'move' has been saved the save icon should replace the load icon.

Can you go through all question and move all the tiles into random spots on the screen. Once you're finished, wait for the save icon to appear and then refresh the whole page. Log back in and continue your exam and check each problem to see if the icons have been left in the places you moved them to?

K, then, can you answer a couple questions correctly, 'submit' and see if everything processes correctly?

I'd really appreciate it.

I'll post back fully, near the weekend when I get chance as I've got to get some exam work out of the way at the moment.

But just a quickie, I've think the problem may be in the redirection of your site. I entered my-iiq.isdigital.com and experienced the same slow down, maybe a second or so quicker. However looking at your source and copying the link the subdomain redirected to, I managed to get a loaded welcome page in just over 4 seconds.

Then whether I enter your subdomain or the real link, it loads just as quickly. If I clear all my files and go in again however, the same slowdown seems to be there on the subdomain side unless and until I use the direct link.

huh...
    well, how about others, what are your load times for these two links. Please click in order

Link 1

Link 2

Thanks for that wh

Thumbs up

UPDATE:

Seems I'm having major connection issues with my server. People are having to wait for long periods of time just to enter my site. And unfortunately not one person has taken the exam, which is the whole point behind the site. So for this reason I'll be leaving the site up until the weekend for anyone who's curious about the exam and not all of the technical issues. After which I'll be pulling the site and learning and reworking the site to make it much more accessible later this year. I'm looking forward to have my summer with no screen.

Thanks alot everyone and I'll be back.

dead link as in connection problem? or just a blank page?
    "This webpage is not available" for the normal link to the site. I get "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to mywebsite.isdigital.com" for the other one.

hey spufi, if you're interested, it should be good to go now.

Thread Information