www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: A CMS based around a 'vote up' idea

A CMS based around a 'vote up' idea

Hi,

I'm looking to create what I hope will be a fairly simple CMS, it will involve 18 set categories, and for each category I would like for people to be able to add articles, and for other users to vote those articles up.

Eventually I'd like to be able to sort these articles to see the best rated of the past day, week, month, all time etc, and also just view by chronological order.

I guess the best example I can think of is Reddit.com, but in terms of actual content it is absolutely /nothing/ like Reddit (just users sharing their experiences on a very specific matter) so I don't know if that's a good comparison.

Any suggestions would be very welcome, thank you!

ps. preferably something in PHP, and something free would be amazing! thanks again

I'm sure Wordpress could handle something like this with some type of rating plugin.
    I'm always up for networking with fellow web professionals. Connect with me on LinkedIn if you like!

Wordpress could be just the trick if I can find the right plugin, I'll take a look now, thank you!

Registered an account on this site because I randomly stumbled on this thread and just had to mention Pligg CMS. It's a perfect suit for you. It offers a quick setup to begin a site similar to Digg.com or Reddit.com. Admins can set up categories, permissions, and settings. Users can register an account to submit or vote on stories.

I think that Wordpress has plugins fro this purpose and or you can hire someone to make it.

Thread Information