www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: code 128 generation in C#

code 128 generation in C#

Hi all, I have a problem to generate barcode by using the code from: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/GDI-plus/GenCode128.aspx The barcode could not encode special characters. What am I doing wrong?

There's nothing wrong in your hand. The generator itself does not encode punctuation symbols. You should try another one.

I am afraid to say what you are using is a poor barcode generation, you may change one with well-tested barcode library.

Hi, though I do not know which barcode control you use to generate the code 128. But you may have a try to enable the tilde function.

It generates alphanumeric codes of variable length, and spaces are included with the character assists in checking the barcode.

Re: code 128 generation in c#

According to ISO/IEC barcode specification, Code 128 only encode ASCII 128 characters. So, you may firstly make sure your encoded barcode data is correct. Besides, some googled C# barcode library can use process tilde character to encode other ASCII character in Code 128 barcode.

if there is something wrong with your barcode generator , you can change for another and have a try. i have used this barcode generator for times and i don't know whether it can generate code 128, you can just have a check , good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by susannamoore53 View Post
    According to ISO/IEC barcode specification, Code 128 only encode ASCII 128 characters. So, you may firstly make sure your encoded barcode data is correct. Besides, some googled C# barcode library can use process tilde character to encode other ASCII character in Code 128 barcode.
    I quite agree with you. I used that tool before.

Quote Originally Posted by AbelJones View Post
    There's nothing wrong in your hand. The generator itself does not encode punctuation symbols. You should try another one.
    yeah, so you may try this code 128 barcode generator i've ever used.not bad!

What has c# got to do with PHP?

Please take this query to the proper programming language section.
    Yes, I know I'm about as subtle as being hit by a bus..(\\.\ Aug08)
    Yep... I say it like I see it, even if it is like a baseball bat in the nutz... (\\.\ Aug08)
    I want to leave this world the same way I came into it, Screaming, Incontinent & No memory!
    I laughed that hard I burst my colostomy bag... (\\.\ May03)
    Life for some is like a car accident... Mine is like a motorway pile up...

Problems with Vista? :: Getting Cryptic wid it. :: The 'C' word! :: Whois?

Quote Originally Posted by \\.\ View Post
    What has c# got to do with PHP?

Please take this query to the proper programming language section.
    er.. you can move this thread about C# barcode to the php field

Thread Information