It Application Developer - Honolulu, HI
It Application Developer
Ocean Associates Inc. (OAI) is seeking a candidate who will provide professional support to the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) Pacific Islands Regional Office (PIRO) related to application and database development. Primary duties will be to analyze programmatic data requirements and develop applications and databases in support of PIRO's mission. OAI conducts research, offers policy advice, and provides personnel to government and industry clients for marine fisheries and protected resources.
Responsibilities: The objectives are to provide centralized application and database development services for the entire Regional Office, provide a standardized methodology for application and database development, and provide a standardized application and database development platform, environment and tools. Specific duties include:
- Design, write, test, and document application code to successfully completeproject-based work.
- Demonstrate sound understanding of Service Oriented Architecture principles and best practices to write application code following project design and architecture.
- Utilize problem-solving skills to identify areas of improvement and turn them into solid areas of development.
- Write SQL queries, create databases and tables, stored procedures, and triggers for SQL Server 2005 and 2008 to produce custom web-based applications for our clients.
- Interact with other members of the development team and project managers in a positive manner to deliver on-time and above standard applications.
Minimum experience or background requirements:
- Bachelorís Degree in Computer Science or related field and 5+ years of experience in object- oriented technologies to develop software applications.
- In-depth understanding of Windows SharePoint Services and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2010 to solve technical and business problems.
- Knowledge of current best practices in web development and usability standards.
- Problem solving skills, knowledge of full life cycle development, and ability to complete projects.
- Detail-oriented, organized and able to work independently and in a team environment.
For more information and to apply: http://oceanassoc.com/Jobs/ItAppDevTO5038.html
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)