www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Social networking site

Social networking site

Hi everyone,

I am not a website or software developer, just a curious person who is wondering like what is the difference in maintaining and developing a social networking site as compared to a regular website of some organization ?. What different hardware and software will one require ?. What is the major difference in the concept design of the site?. Like I am curious to know major things one person has to go through to develop a social networking site as compared to a regular one.

Hoping to get good answers to this one...adios

One piece of advice you should heed, in short, forget social networking. Completely.

Hardware/coding skills, it doesn't really differ from any other site whatsoever. Only as a site grows, do they need to invest in further hardware, further upkeep, security updates as more users attract more people willing to exploit a system, etc etc.

Back to forgetting about social networking. Everyone likes to think they can create a site but the fact is they are too late. Sites have come and gone and successful ones are barely surviving. Users aren't so ready to give away their personal information and people are shying away from social networking. It has reached its peak, been and gone. If you wanted to make the next myspace and sell it to a corporation, you needed to have done that a decade ago.
    99 little bugs in the code, 99 bugs in the code, fix one bug, compile it again ... 101 little bugs in the code

An important petition, regarding your human rights:
    https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...r-both-genders

Social networking is the latest fad among the young and old.

I'm not a professional web developer so I can't say much on the subject but I do believe this article may be of use to you: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/faceboo...ogy-explained/

Social networking sites are most useful site to increase traffic.Social networking sites are most powerful communication media.You need skill,knowledge and experience to make a social networking site.

Social networking sites allow to sharing ideas, events, interests and activities within their social networks. These sites allow creating public profiles within the web site & making relations to other users of the same web site. Social networking sites that focuses on facilitating the social relation among people. Through it we can create online community services are group connected.

Social networking is surely dying in the west - but I'm travelling in India at the moment and its more popular than ever!!

All the Indian kids are mad about Facebook. where I now loath the site, these kids are still in that honeymoon stage with the site!!

I lived in Korea a few months ago and there too, facebook is starting to become popular!!

Social networking is that we communicate with other people across the world. Like facebook, twitter etc. And in social networking sites we can get business and get good backlinks.

Today social networking site is biggest source of getting business and advertise your business.
    I'm also working for my project on FACEBOOK for
    DMAARC.COM

A-504, Safal Pegasus, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380015 In
    Well Facebook is a great Social Networking websites for every kind of people whether it is an entrepreneur or any business person. The best option of Facebook is privacy.

Thread Information