it must be something else, because the below works fine in Chrome 19. Have you tried with absolute urls?
Thanks for that, I have tried absolute urls and still no luck.
Not sure if it helps but there is one more higher level of menus than I originally posted. At first there are 2 options, selecting one of these expands the menu, ie:
<a href="examples/v3_5_0/addresshelper.html" onclick="expandCollapseDiv('div1');changeFrameURL(this.href);return false;">Div1 <span style="font-size: 8px;color: #938989;">@TAG@</span></a></li>
<div class="example" id="div1" style="display:none;">
... original menu links posted live here
Function to display the expanded menu (just changes style.display)
I have noticed that the first time you expand the top level menu, the frame changes fine (changeFrameURL() gets run here). It's only after clicking one of the lower level menu options and jumping to a particular div, ie:
Where used, return should be executed unconditionally and always as the last statement in the function.
That's my signature, it's not part of the damn post!
It jumps to the correct div and everything looks fine. So I guess that means it's not something in the target frame causing the problem and that it can find the correct page no problems. Not really sure where this leaves me. I am running out of ideas as to what would be causing the problem.