dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Is it possible? PHP+MySQL (analysis)

Is it possible? PHP+MySQL (analysis)

Hi!
    I need some help with my project. I would like to make my everyday work easier. I would like to:
    • upload excel(or CSV) to MySQL, in separeted tables
    • need dropdown boxes, first lists tables, second list the choosen table's fields
    • more same function boxes
    • if i choose a field it will be added to a query

For example, i have multiple excels with one ID column and 2-3 other data columns, upload them in separated mysql tables. I need to compare selected tables. These datas using the same ID-s(so i need JOIN). And i would like to highlight the lowest value in each row.

Is this possible to make it with PHP and MySQL? Any help would be great!

P.s: Sorry my english isn't good, i hope it's understandable.

Yes, it is possible. You could do it entirely within PHP and its MySQL or MySQLi extensions (or PDO, for that matter) along with PHP's file upload capabilities and the fgetcsv() function; or you could call MySQL's "LOAD DATA IN FILE" to have it directly load the CSV file -- perhaps via the command line using PHP's shell_exec() function.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

import specific column

Thanks for your answer!
    How can i solve that(fgetcsv() can this?) at import:
    When i import a csv, i would like to select wich column contains ID, value1, value2. So, if i have a 6 columns csv, but want only import 3 columns(example:second, third, fifth)(in prenamed fields). And specific table's name.

Thread Information