www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Possible z-index issue?

Hybrid View

Possible z-index issue?

Hi all,

if you take a look at www.ep-uk.com - you will see a dropdown menu i creates using purecssmenu.com

It works fine in all browsers except IE7!

If you view the website in IE7, the dropdowns work fine on the homepage - but on any other webpage, the menu hides behind the content panel!

I've been staring at this for 2 days now and can't figure it out! it displays fine in deepnet, chrome, Firefox, safari, opera, IE10.. just not IE7!

Help please!

I tried the site using IE9 in IE7 mode and it looked OK. There's an attribute for showing Flash files that controls bleed-through, if that's the problem you're seeing. EyeForVideo mentioned it in a message here recently, so you should be able to find the details.

By the same token, IE7 is down to under 2% of users worldwide, so I wouldn't be terribly concerned if the site didn't look 100% for them.
    Rick Trethewey
    Rainbo Design

hi rthewey - I nailed it and was uploading the new CSS as I saw your message!

The issue turned out to be the parent div of the parent div of the menu which had its overflow hidden!

Normally, I wouldn't worry too much - but the MD's laptop uses IE7 and it goes out on the road a lot with him to clients premesis.

Still, All sorted now!

Thanks for your help anyway.. and I'll look into the flash issues.. thats another issue knocked on the nose!

At least make him upgrade to IE8. Mention things like it's faster, safer and works just the same. Good luck!
    Rick Trethewey
    Rainbo Design

Thread Information