dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: New Design Review

New Design Review

Hi all,

I have just finished re-designing the website for the company I work for. Can you guys take a look and let me know what you think? If you see any bugs or anything I could improve, let me know. Cheers.

www.hswhite.co.nz

ps, I do know that it is completley broken in IE6 (well not completely but near enough) but I didn't want to spend lots of time fixing it for a little over 1% of our visitors.

It is OK.

I would perhaps redesign the header and footer, using gradient colours for the orange, so it fades to a background colour for the body.

Instead of putting hyperlinks throughout the text in the body and having a menu at the bottom, I would consolidate everything in to the main menu in the header. I feel having navigation in the header and footer, is very messy.

Also don't discount IE6 users. Many still use it. Especially in companies where they have software reliant on IE6. So for instance, if the government in NZ has a cycle to work scheme for giving tax breaks to workers buying bikes, you are effectively neglecting that entire market, as they can't browse the site from work. A lot more than 1% of users, use IE6. As I said, up to 50% in your demographic or more could use IE6.

Yes it is annoying when IE6 goes in to quirk mode, but stick with it.

Thanks for the feedback. I will take it onboard and see what I can do with it.

Bump....

Anyone else like to comment?

Thanks in advance.

Nice design.Also your website have great navigation.Thanks for sharing.

The design looks good.Liked the design,The font color is also good.

Efficient

I am using IE8 which supports the site very well. It loads quickly, and responds even faster.

I found a lot of stores in Auckland.

Good Luck.

Thanks for all the positive feedback. Much appreciated.

It looks like orange colour is really in trend! I didn't really like your design to be honest, the colour combination and letters, most probably you must have used some template. As the website represents many different brands and goods, the design should be something neutral, for example something like amazon.com. Wish you best of luck!

Hi, thanks for your feedback.

The colours and font used are that of the company H S White & Son Ltd and were specified as having to be used in the way they are.

I didn't use any template for this site, wrote and designed the entire thing myself.

Thread Information