www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Website Goals and Objectives

Website Goals and Objectives

I have to document my company's webiste Goals and Objectives. Does anyone have some samples I can use for reference. I've researched how to create the goals and objectives but I'm also hoping to review some actual samples before creating my own.

Thanks in advance for any assistence!

- DDD3

I'm curious, how big is the company, and what is your position in the company?

Dave

That's a pretty broad request, please be more descriptive and maybe i can help you.

Thanks. The company is quite large and I'm one of the designers.

I'm just looking for some resources that provided samples (not how tos) of website goals and objectives. My research thus far has provided all the how tos but I was also hoping to just review some "finished" samples from some resource. I'm asking if anyone knows of a resource like this?

Thanks again for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by DDD3 View Post
    Thanks. The company is quite large and I'm one of the designers.
    Very interesting, I was kind of guessing it might be this. As a comparison, let's say you're the cocacola company, and you decide to make and market a lime drink. Everything's rolling along, and there's a guy somewhere in the chain who's actually mixing limes and soda water to make the drink. It would be an interesting surprise to have Bob Cocacola, the big boss, walk in to that guy and ask him to write down what the goals and objectives were for the company to produce and market a lime drink.

Meaning, things are very weird if the web designer is being asked what the purpose is for the web site. The guy in charge of marketing, and maybe the guy in charge of sales, ought to be the one deciding whether the company needs a web site, what are its goals and metrics, and passing that message down to everyone involved. The strategic direction being created at the bottom of the chain and passed upwards is an unfortunate, but common, situation for a company to be in.

Good luck with the project though!

Dave

The companies objective include what are aims of the company and Goal that what company have achieved and what they have achieved.

With any general goal-setting we undertake, there must be some variables to set our goals on. Therefore, our goals must be:

1)SPECIFIC: Describes what you want to accomplish with as much detail as possible.

2)REALISTIC: Goals you know you are actually capable of obtaining.

3)CHALLENGING: Takes energy and discipline to accomplish rewarding goals.

4)PRIORITIZED: Sets goals by time and importance into clearly specified target completion dates.

5)MEASURABLE: Describes your goals in terms that can clearly be evaluated.

Writing down your goals creates the road map to your success. Although just the act of writing them down can set the process in motion, it is also extremely important to review your goals frequently. Remember, the more focused you are on your goals; the more likely you are to accomplish them.

Thread Information