www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Add a QR Code Reader as a small PART of an app? (Not just get a QR Reader app)

Hybrid View

Exclamation Add a QR Code Reader as a small PART of an app? (Not just get a QR Reader app)

After a lot of google searching, all I am finding are people linking to full apps that are QR Code Readers... What I want to do is create an app that has, within it, a "scan" button that lets you scan a QR code (results of which would be text-based and used to pass a variable or sort of an ID number) -- much like a UPC scanner in a store to scan the item's serial-number (via bar-code) and pull up the price and title information from the existing system's database, rather than from the bar-code... but I need it to be part of an app rather than the whole app.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

In which app would you like read QR Code? Here are many kinds of barcode readers nowadays. If you want to read QR Code in Java, you may use a Java QR Code barcode reader SDK. If you want to read QR Code in .NET, you may use a .NET QR Code barcode reader SDK, etc.

HI, google is the best friend. check out this page concernning barcode generating in VB.NET .Linear, postal and 2D barcodes can be easily created and embedded into you images and documents if you need to. All the barcode generation is compatible with latest barcode specification.worth a try..

Ok, all of these answers are spam.

I need to embed a QR READER in an app, I don't need to make QR Codes. Do you people read things befor eyou start posting links everywhere???

If you already got one, I suggest you go to some professional forums related to your subject to find answers, instead of waiting for help.
    Hope you success.

Sincerely,
    Arron

OK. I got it.
    You can make full use of a SDK,and then re-explore it to a new app you want to creat.
    The basic step is that you must have a good QR reader which also allow users to re-exlpore it accordingf your own requirements and then embed it into an app.
    Right?
    Or you mean that you have already got one?

as for barcode reader,i 'm still finding a app for smartphone ,i'm just wondering whether this qr code reader can be used?

What would you like to have in the rest part of your app? I can't get the idea.

that means add a barcode reader app on smartphone,which can read not only qr code,but also other barcodes,such as pdf-417, upc,ean,etc.
    am i right ?

Thread Information