www.webdeveloper.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 vs Windows 8

According to the German government Windows 8 is a NSA spying device
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pon9jJPFqE

I think windows 8.1 is the better than 7.Here is update many Father

I absolutely can not stand Windows 8! I hate it. I switched to OSX because of how bad it is. They totally lost their consumer base because now Windows is made for tablets and people who just browse the internet. Before windows was for business owners and small businesses. I would rather use XP and 7 over 8.

But I bought an Imac and am now using OSX because of how bad 8 is.

Just my opinion though.

Windows 7 or Windows 8

I also prefer windows 7. It is much easier in functionality. But I became interested in statistics use not only individuals, but also companies in general.

WINDOW 8 is the enhance version of Microsoft Windows 7...
    i used window 8 it is the best OS...

Window7 is best............................

WINDOWS 8.1 its great! as my experience..........

In my opinion windows 7

I've not tried Win 8 on a touch screen, and I do not like touch screens anyway (give me a keyboard and mouse any day) so I cannot comment on that. However, I can assure anyone that Win 8 (and 8.1) is pants on a conventional PC. The only good thing about 8 is that you can make it work like 7, it's just a pain setting it up. There should be a single tick box "metro interface Y/N". Microsoft boo-boo'd big time with 8. It's a pile of junk.

As for 7 vs XP: looked at dispassionately 7 is superior. But as an XP user, there is too much changed for the sake of it. Microsoft need to seriously down-size its development operation, so they do not have to justify their existence by changing things that were fine already. I.e. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I've found windows 8 so confusing, I don't know maybe I'm just used to the usual interface of a windows os..
    "Only gmble what you can afford to lose"

I'm under the opinion that Win8 is meant for touch-screen devices.
    I've had so many clients (desktop/PC) asking me to degrade them from Win8 back to Win7 that it's laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by nanohard View Post
    I'm under the opinion that Win8 is meant for touch-screen devices.
    I think this is true, but it goes deeper than that. It's not just the touch screens, it's the environment that the interface evolved in (mobile phones), and what they are used for (entertainment). Which may be why there are some Win 8 aficionados:- perhaps that is all they use their PCs for? But for most serious use the metro interface is not only irrelevant, but largely inappropriate.

Post More crucial info about windows

I think windows 7 is still getting a faster growth than windows 8, Take a look at some of the latest numbers from Net Applications and finds that Windows 8′s growth has stagnated as the combined market share of Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 grew by only 0.05 percentage points in November. In contrast, Windows 7′s market share grew by 0.22 percentage points, which means that users upgrading to new PCs still seem to prefer Windows 7 to Windows 8.

Windows 8 is good for tablets and mobile devices whereas android is already taken up market. where as windows 7 is faster lighter and comes with the classic windows interface. But it depends upon choice what to choose and how it will benefit your entire business.
    In the practice of tolerance, one's enemy is the best teacher.

Software and Web development by miraclegroup

Window's 8 is pretty much faster and use less resources as compare to win 7.

After the release of Windows 8, many people were in search of differences between Windows 7 and Windows 8. In this post, we will do a detailed comparison of Windows 7 vs Windows 8 and find out the important differences in both the operating systems.

Thread Information