www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Problems with jquery slider

Problems with jquery slider

Hey I implemented a jquery show/hide menu on my testimonials page, however unfortunately it has messed up the rest of my page a little. On the rest of the other pages there is a gap of about 2 px where the black background stretches along on every page. However on the testimonials page it is not there and also the background image moves down when I insert <br/> tags which it doesn't on the rest of the pages. Think it is a problem with the testimonials css document but I don't know what? If anyone could help that would be amazing. The page is:- http://www.cherrietestingwebsite.com/testimonials.html

its because youre using this code :
    Code:
    <h1>What our customers have to say about us</h1>
    out side the div that has all the content,
    delete all your <br> tags, cut this code - <h1>What our customers have to say about us</h1>
    and put it, inside <div id="contentholder_testimonials">

like so
    Code:
    <div id="contentholder_testimonials">
    <div class="accordion2">
    and after this, if you want to move it alittle to the bottom
    wrap the container with another div, and add some padding-top

like so:
    Code:
    <div id="contentholder_testimonials">
    <div id="secondContainer">
    <div class="accordion2">
    	<h3>Question One Sample Text</h3>
    	<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Morbi malesuada, ante at feugiat tincidunt, enim massa gravida metus, commodo lacinia massa diam vel eros. Proin eget urna. Nunc fringilla neque vitae odio. Vivamus vitae ligula.</p>
    	<h3>This is Question Two</h3>
    	<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Morbi malesuada, ante at feugiat tincidunt, enim massa gravida metus, commodo lacinia massa diam vel eros. Proin eget urna. Nunc fringilla neque vitae odio. Vivamus vitae ligula.</p>
    	<h3 class="active">Another Questio here</h3>
    	<p style="display: block;">Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Morbi malesuada, ante at feugiat tincidunt, enim massa gravida metus, commodo lacinia massa diam vel eros. Proin eget urna. Nunc fringilla neque vitae odio. Vivamus vitae ligula.</p>
    	<h3>Sample heading</h3>
    	<h3>Sample Question Heading</h3>
    </div>
    </div>
    and add some css code ->
    Code:
    #secondContainer {
    padding-top:25px;
    }

Thanks

Hey thanks for your help, it was really informative and helpful and did exactly what I was hoping it would, if it wasn't for people like yourself I don't know where I would be There is only one little problem I have now and that is the fact that the testimonials page presses right up against the top of the navigation bar where as the rest of the pages have a gap at the top of them of about 5px where the black background runs along, I would ideally like to get rid of the gap but am not really sure how to. I have found this to be a problem in a few of my sites, people suggested a css reset, which i looked into and I have no idea how to use it at all. Like a say thanks once again it was good of you to take the time to write such an in-depth explanation.

hey,

i didnt really understand what you mean.. can you take a shot of your screen mark it up and upload it? it will help me..

you welcome

Thread Information