changed doctype to HTML5, now page elements now out of place..
On a webpage I've been working on I changed the doctype declaration to HTML5 (!DOCTYPE HTML) and some page elements now have about 3 extra pixels between them(?). WT...?!
Anyone experienced anything like this?
The page elements are header graphics of a js accordion UI. sorry i can't post any pics or code at this time. Bizarre, frustrating too!,
Not all browsers fully support HTML 5 and may render pages differently.
Sorry, this is incorrect. The HTML5 doctype is backwards compatible and therefore supported by all browsers. If you just changed the doctype (and didn't add any HTML5 semantic elements) then you must have a problem in your actual HTML code that was being 'corrected' (or corrected to your eye) in quirks mode in IE. Post your code, or preferably a link. Also, run it through the w3c validator and fix any non-trivial errors and you should be fine.
Originally Posted by danielshill
Note that not all browsers properly support the semantic elements and can and will display them differently (without the appropriate polyfills) but no browser will barf simply by showing it an HTML5 doctype.
I've switched careers...
I'm NO LONGER a scientist,
but now a web developer...
You're completely right! My apologies
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)