dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Best places to extend my knowledge

Question Best places to extend my knowledge

Hey, I'm Alex. I'm getting more and more into web design/development and I'm looking for the best places to extend my knowledge.

I currently use Codecademy, Code School and W3School for the main HTML and CSS learning, but I'm looking for the best places to learn languages such as Java, C#, C++ (not always for web dev/design purposes by the way).

If you can link me to some, then that would be well appreciated. Thanks!

Alex

I've used CodeSchool.com for some Ruby/Rails stuff, and it seemed decent, and I see they also have a Python track.

Laracasts.com has good stuff for PHP, particularly along with the Laravel framework.

At some point it might be wise to squeeze in some old-fashioned learning with some general programming books, such as The Pragmatic Programmer by Andrew Hunt and David Thomas, and/or Code Complete by Steve McConnell, and/or Clean Code by Robert Martin.

PS: There may be better new books I don't know about, but those are the three I have.
    Last edited by NogDog; 05-20-2016 at 04:52 PM.
    "Well done....Consciousness to sarcasm in five seconds!" ~ Terry Pratchett, Night Watch

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way (not affiliated with this site, but well worth reading)

My Blog
    cwrBlog: simple, no-database PHP blogging framework

Thread Information