www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Is it illegal for the Mugshots.com to publish a mugshot of a minor?

Is it illegal for the Mugshots.com to publish a mugshot of a minor?

The mugshot of my brother who is a minor is published at mugshots.com. Is it illegal or legal? Please help.

What is Mugshots.com?

Mugshots.com is a "Google for Mugshots". The website is a search engine for Official Law Enforcement records, specifically booking photographs, mugshots. Originally collected and distributed by Law Enforcement agencies, Booking records are considered and legally recognized as public records, in the public domain. Mugshots.com republishes these Official Records in their original form ("as is") under the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, the freedom to publish true and factual information. Our intent is to provide a legitimate and useful service for both the private and public sectors.
    http://mugshots.com/faq.html

"I was found guilty" ; "My case is pending" ; Will you remove my mugshot?

Please visit our Remove Mugshot page to learn if you are eligible for our service or not.

How do I unpublish a mugshot from Mugshots.com?

While Mugshots.com is perfectly within its rights to publish Official Records, protected by the First Amendment to the U.S constitution, we've made the ethical decision to accommodate a number of situations where a case has been concluded. Those situations are specific and limited to the following:

Juvenile Records (under eighteen at time of arrest)

Quote Originally Posted by eireunjimuel View Post
    The mugshot of my brother who is a minor is published at mugshots.com. Is it illegal or legal? Please help.
    Hahahaha one of the more entertaining posts in a while.

Why do you want it removed? His name is already public and in the press, so he needs a sexy brooding picture, one that makes him look hard, to get in the chicks that love a hardened guy. Especially if he's done something like pistol whipping someone.

His mugshot, if he remembered not to shave that day and where a string vest could be the making of him. There are many women, out there and waiting with whips, ready to give him the thrill of his life.

I say, sit back and let him enjoy it.
    99 little bugs in the code, 99 bugs in the code, fix one bug, compile it again ... 101 little bugs in the code

An important petition, regarding your human rights:
    https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...r-both-genders

hi, it is not illegal but it is unethical to post mugshot on websites for earning money of any individual whether the individual is convicted or not, and whether he is adult or minor. These posted mugshots are doing nothing just damaging the lives of victims.

you can get help from removemugshots.com to remove the mugshots from mugshots.com and other websites.

hehe, wow that really sucks. sue them.

Thread Information