www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More on meta tags!

Cool More on meta tags!

Hi guys i want to know meta tags and how many part of it? Can anyone tell me about it? I am waiting for your answer. Thank you in advance.

Meta Tag consists of three main parts 1)Title 2) Keywords and 3)Description
    all Three of them should be very relevant to your website, and it requires deep Study

Title tag - should be approximately 60 chars with space
    Meta Descriptions - should be between 160 - 165 characters with spaces
    Keywords - not more than 6 to 7

Meta Tags have a checkered history.

Originally, the IT guys at W3C set them up for the gentlemanly world of programmers to tell the world meta-information about a site.

Then marketers realized that they could spam meta tags to get better page rank, and they quickly made meta keyword tags obsolete. Most search engines ignore them, or use them only to identify really dumb keyword spammers and stuffers (never use more than 12 meta keywords!)

The main innovation of Google was that it was one of the first search engines to ignore meta keyword tags and it actually parsed the page for on-page content (as well as indexing inbound links and the frequency of updates to the page.)

What you need to know:
    The most important meta tags are:
    Title
    Meta Description

Now, however, Facebook has re-invented the meta tag with "Open Graph" meta tags, and it is more complicated.

The best thing to do is use a Meta Tag Generator, like the one I built. You can see the link in my signature below. My site has everything you need to know.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by JoshMiles View Post
    Title tag - should be approximately 60 chars with space
    Meta Descriptions - should be between 160 - 165 characters with spaces
    Keywords - not more than 6 to 7
    Last time I checked, Google allowed 70 Characters on the Title, and 156 characters on the Descriptions otherwise your serps will get chopped.

Title and description Meta Tags are more important so keep this thing in mind to put the most relevant keywords in them.

Meta is most important part in On page Optimization.. here three parts:

1. <Title> </title>
    2. <meta name="keywords" content=
    3. <meta name="description" content=
    However, there some other tags too important in on page optimization, these are h1 and robots tag

--------------------
    SEO Service Company

yeah i agree with your answers meta tags consists of title, description and keywords

Meta tags its main role is to give information about someone else website.
    Parts are <meta name="description" content=, <title> <meta name="keyword".. It produces short description to your page. Your description should always include KW so that it can add crawl towards your website
    Guaranteed Power Spin Senuke X Articles -Error free/Grammatically correct

Meta tags are HTML codes that are inserted into the header on a web page, after the title tag. In the context of search engine optimization, when people refer to meta tags, they are usually referring to the meta description tag and the meta keywords tag.
    great how to printing videos

First I clear term metadata is data (information) about data. The <meta> tag provides metadata about the HTML document. Metadata will not be displayed on the page, but will be search engine software or boot. In meta elements it include page description, keywords, title, other metadata. The <meta> tag always inside the <head> section.

Quote Originally Posted by ByBe View Post
    Last time I checked, Google allowed 70 Characters on the Title, and 156 characters on the Descriptions otherwise your serps will get chopped.
    Did you mean if you will use more characters mentioned by you than your SERP will drop. If so i would be highly disagree with you. In terms of title google will skip rest of the characters and for description you can use as much as you want(reasonable) google will find best match and will show that in your description either from description or from content

The Meta tag in html is not a required tag when you're creating your web pages.The meta description tag and the meta keywords tag are not seen by users. Instead, these tags main purpose is providing meta document data to user agents, such as search engines.

Meta tags are the HTML tags that may contain information about what the page is about (keywords and description), language, author, when it was write and much more. These days only Meta description and robots tags are important as rest of these are ignored by many search engines. Title is the most important one but is not a meta tag.

I do mainly use meta tags to specify the keywords of the web page, however keywords meta tag is not very important in google point of view because the keywords can be grabbed from the web page's text content itself. So, i will be using meta tags for robots.txt file and description things.

Thread Information