www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Peoples disabling Javascript

Hybrid View

Peoples disabling Javascript

Hello, I was just wondering how relevant it is to make your website compatible for peoples disabling their javascript, because I just noticed I've written so much with javascript that the website would probably work very bad for those who's disabling it. So how much effort should I put making it work for them?

Thanks in advance

The general best practice is to accommodate users running with JavaScript disabled as best you can. This can be as simple as providing a warning message in a <noscript></noscript> section of the page to inform them that the page requires JavaScript to function properly, or by providing plain HTML options with links to perform similar functions.

While the percentage of users who have disabled JavaScript is generally in the low single-digits, no webmaster wants to simply write them off completely. Every site is different and only you can decide how much you can do along these lines. Good luck!
    Rick Trethewey
    Rainbo Design

You might disable JS in your browser and look at some big name sites and see how they handle it. For instance google.com looks rather unfinished with JS disabled, but it still works.

Quote Originally Posted by tarielle View Post
    So how much effort should I put making it work for them?
    As much as it takes to disable JavaScript then make the site work for you.
    Where used, return should be executed unconditionally and always as the last statement in the function.

That's my signature, it's not part of the damn post!

Thread Information